Thursday, November 1, 2018

Wyatt and lacey together

Well, after a few days of the horses getting to know one another, we finally put them in the pasture this morning. They had few problems at first, lacey showed HUGE dominance with him, she bit his skin with pinned ears, and wyatt did not like that so he kicked lacey with his hind leg. Here's a picture of them together. Notice how Wyatt stayed far away from her.


I also rode lacey the day before yesterday, and she acted AWFUL!! She bucked, bolted, reared and was just plain stubborn. Dad was coming home that night down the driveway, and lacey would not go forward. I kicked her and she did a big "hop" I almost fell off. Mom said she was glad I stayed on, she was watching the whole "show."

Wyatt has a fly issue that we have to put fly meds on it because it swells up REALY bad!

I'm counting down the days when laceys vet checkup will FINALLY come!!! It's in exactly 2 weeks. I'm sooooo excited!!
I will defiantly post That day, if she can have a foal or not. ❤❤❤ I might Evan be able to take pictures!!!


6 comments:

  1. Nice picture! Give them a few days, and I'm sure they'll both settle down. Miss Priss will be Mama Horse and Wyatt will be "whatever." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that’s too bad....

    And have you tried riding Lacey since then? If she’s not doing better you can email meπŸ˜ƒ
    Do you think you’ll get a round pen? I remember you said you’d talk to your dad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my Dad is thinking of building one soon... and yes I rode Lacey yesterday, and my sister (who is 11) is riding bareback today while I ride Wyatt. πŸ˜‰
    It'll be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that’s good. So Lacey did better? That’s exciting that you guys have TWO horses now!!! πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒ it’s so fun to go riding with people and have a good time on an adventure. But then again, there is times when it’s fun to just enjoy your horse and God’s creation without interruption.😊 in a nice cozy spot all alone. My favorite is our alfalfa field just north of our house about 15 minutes(if you trot half the time and lope the other half) then I let my horse graze and watch the cattle.☺️

      Delete
  4. That s sounds sooo fun!!!πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete