Wednesday, February 20, 2019

We got baby goats!!!

Really quick update on stormy,
He was not doing very well with us, he started to scour a lot, so I gave him to my friend lainy.
She has a mamma cow that is now raising it!
I'm so happy he has a real mother now! ☺

Now the baby goats...

Yesterday, I found a Craigslist add for goats.
It said that the males were $15 ea.
And the females were $50 ea.
Mom, me, Susie and kristi went to go pick them up. We wanted 2 females, and 1 male.
When we were 1 mile to the goat farm,  you won't believe it! We got stuck in mud! It was about a foot and a half deep!
We all got out and walked around, it was a beautiful day! Lol!
Mom called the goat owner,  and he came whith a chain, and pulled the van out of the mud. And the then,  FINALLY we drove to the goat farm. There were 5,000 goats!!
They were EVERYWHERE!!!
He showed us the pen of baby goats,  and we picked 3 females and one male.
But, as we were getting in the car he said,  would you like a free one? So, now, we have 5! We hit home at 5:30pm and I had to feed the baby goats, get dressed, (I was baby sitting at the church that night) and eat in 30min!!
So here is my new baby goats! :)

Number 1.
 This is Stella!
I have to say, she is my favorite. Becouse she will literally jump in your lap when you sit down! She has a black stripe down her back. :) She is very sweet too! And always has TONS of energy,
Jumping, running, butting, ect.

Number 2.
 I have not really named her yet, I want to name her toffee, or velvet. Please let me know in the coments what you like best! ;)
She I SO energetic too! She is 3 days older than the rest of them though! She is quieter than stella. (Stella is CRAZY!!)

Number 3.
This is scarlet,
She is the most quietest becouse she really just likes to lick your fingers,
She is all brown,
And is a little princess.
Scarlet eats alphalfa already!


Number 4.

And than this is our new buck, Coffee & Cream! He is 3 colors and My 2nd favorite!
He will be the buck for the three females! :)

Number 5.
And lastly, the free baby goat, we will castrate him soon, he is susies baby goat and she named him cream puff.
He is a lamanche goat. He is not as active, But he is super cute!! He is the middle  white goat. :)


They are ADORABLE and they are just way to cute! Bottle baby goats are SUPER fun!

Ellie R.

19 comments:

  1. Aww, your new goats are ADORABLE!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you got the tack room all cleaned up and ready for these little kids. Where did you put all the tack and grain and saddles and things?

    And I like VELVET for a goat name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I organized all the tack.
      And you and Lainy like velvet! Velvet it is! And what is your favorite goat out of these?

      Delete
    2. Oh, golly! It's hard to decide. The buck is cuter than I thought he would be, and I LOVE the goat that is all brown and looks like it has soft, silky fur. Hmmm, I guess by looks, I like Velvet. :-)

      Delete
  3. Velvet is such a pretty name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Her name is velvet. There were 3 people who like the name velvet!

      Delete
  4. Awww, They are so cute!
    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby goats are the cutest! <3 Our doe had her first kid last year, and I have loved watching the baby grow! Our goats names are Lilly and Angel... :)
    -Brooklyne

    bensshowersofblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ADORABLE! How many goats do you Have?
      I am going to breed my females when they are older! I can't wait!

      Delete
    2. We just have two goats right now... raising baby goats is a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  6. GREAT post, Ellie! You always have such fun pictures . . . and fantastic animal names ;-).

    ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh!!! Goats are so cute and I am dying right now! *swoons* I love the name Toffee.
    ~Izzy
    https://izzyweststories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete