Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I'm back! :-)

Yes, it has been a while but my other computer crashed, and the hard drive broke with everything on it. So since I can use another one, I can give you some updates on what is going on;

First, my beloved horse had to be put down, I made a tribute to Wyatt so here it is.



A TRIBUTE TO WYATT


We will miss you, Wyatt. We will miss your funny personality and your cute disposition. I know I will never see you ever again, but you will always be in my heart.

I was trying to think of what you have taught me. I was thinking for a long time, and I finally figured it out.

You taught me to be relaxed when I ride. I remember when I was riding you one day. I was so frustrated that I wanted to blow up! You would NOT go forward. You put on your brakes and wouldn’t budge. Grandma was with me, and she tried to guide me through it, but you would not walk forward. 


I tell him "Goodbye."

Right then and there I did not notice that I was not being quiet with my hands, and I was very stiff in my seat. So I kept kicking and complaining. The next time I rode you, Wyatt, I saw that you were just as nervous as me. You didn’t want to be tacked up, and you didn’t want me to pick your feet.

I got irritated and angry. You sensed it and mimicked what I did, so it was a nasty ride . . . until I finally recognized that horses DO mimic people’s feelings. Right then I relaxed my hands, let the reins loose, loosened my back, sat back a little, and tried to enjoy the ride. I have to say that THAT was my best ride. And one of our last…

You also taught me how to handle difficult horses, because sometimes you were VERY difficult.  You have bucked, bolted, and reared with me and my brother countless times, but I still got back on. I tried to work you through those awful problems, but you still kept doing them.

But I did not give up, and I did not give you your own way. And after a few months you slowly stopped them! I was SO proud, and I am still proud right now. And that was the amazing thing to me.

I was tired of riding lazy horses (Lacey, to be exact) and you were a breath of fresh air! I LOVED the thrill of galloping bareback on the roads and having the wind whip through my face. THAT was amazing, and truly thrilling.

I still miss that you will never nod your head for treats again, you will never again bloat the BEST you could whenever I cinched you up. You will never try to eat the hose when you were drinking from it. And I will never gallop you bareback ever again, and that’s what really hurts.

I will never EVER see you again, but I thank you for the fun times we had together. You taught me so much, and I just want to say, “Thank you.”


Epilogue


Wyatt had to be put down today because he had a continuing problem with his legs. He kept getting hurt, and two days ago he REALLY got hurt in his back leg. We got the vet out yesterday, and she said it was best if he was put down. She could have helped him with antibiotics and Bute. But another abscess would follow this one, and on and on. Wyatt was also very old, mid-to late twenties. So, we made the hard decision for him to be put down humanely.

This morning he was shot and now lies buried in our pasture. I know it was the right thing to do because he was in SO much pain. I said “goodbye” to him before the person came over, and Wyatt was crying a little from all the pain his leg gave him. I told him he would not feel any pain any longer.                                                                              

 Goodbye, my sweet friend. 
Ellianna Ross

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyatt was a wonderful horse, and I miss him a ton, but I will be buying a new horse soon! and that is exciting. :) I cant wait to buy another horse, and this time I am going to buy a young one.
I also really want a mare because I do not really like geldings. Its hard to say why, but I just love them. :)

Velvet and coffee are still alive, and cute as ever! they are almost 4 months, and are trained to lead.
coffee is well, (A little)

Almost all my pets on the "My pet page" are dead... so I will go ahead and fix that page.
I just can not take pictures because I'm not at home, I am at a hotel for a week. (I will tell you why next week or so.)

I got 2 purebred mini rex bunnies for breeding! they are the only ones I have, and Luna, (the female) is expecting soon. :)  so that is very exciting too!

We are getting kittens soon! late next week, :-)
2 orange tabby's, one grey female, and I am totally not sure, but maybe a black girl, (if they don't want to keep her.)



 They are adorable!! :-) don't you think?

Ellianna R.








9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Ellie.☺ I can't wait to hear about your new horse.☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad that y 'all had to put your horse down. Recently my grandparents had to put one of there horses down because he broke his leg. It is also really sad because he was like the BEST horse ever. He had been an endurance horse and than when he got old he kind of became my horse when I was learning how to ride better. I went on a trail ride with him a few years ago and he was SO excited because he hadn't been on a trail ride in a while because he was so old. Than a couple years ago we stopped riding him altogether because of his age. Than a few months ago my grandparents came home from church and found him in the pasture with a broken leg. My Grampa said that putting him down was one of the hardest things he had done in his life. Because they had had him so long and he had been my grandpa's horse. It was a sad day because everyone loved Top Boss. But we all knew the day was coming. Anyway...

    That's so exciting that you are going to get a new horse!!

    ~Beth~

    bethinboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! That is so sad! and yes, putting a horse down is VERY sad! And yes! it is very exciting! :-)

      Delete
  3. I am so so so so so so sorry about Wyatt, Ellie.

    Your kittens are so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Izzy! and yes they are SUPER cute, I can not wait to get them next week!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting this update! Those kittens are super sweet :-). Have you picked out names for them yet?

    ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie! You need to get back on your blog and show us your NEW HORSE!
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete